Information we collect from you
The personal information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will always be made clear when we ask it of you.
WineStreet collects the following data:
- If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you such as: your name, email address, the contents of the message and/or attachments you may send us, and any other information you may choose to provide.
- When you book a tour with us, we may ask for your contact information, including items such as: name, company name, address, email address, telephone number, credit card information, health conditions, hotel information, or any specific information regarding a tour.
How we collect this information
You directly provide WineStreet with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Voluntarily contact us on our online contact form or via email.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
- Place an order for any of our products or services.
We use Fareharbor to process our bookings. Once you click on a booking button, you will be taken to their booking systems.
We also use Matomo for website analytics. All your data is anonymized for this purpose.
You may, however, visit and browse our website and offerings without entering any of your personally identifiable information.
How we use your information
Any of the information WineStreet collects from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience — your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs
- To improve our website — we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you
- To improve customer service — your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs
- To process transactions — in addition to processing your bookings with the companies that use our services, the email address you provide during booking processing may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your reservation, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information.
- To send periodic emails
We also may collect and store information about you that we receive from other sources to, among other things, enable us to verify, update and correct the information contained in our databases, prevent fraud, provide services to our other clients, and to better customize your experience on our site.
When WineStreet processes your order, it may send your data to, and also use the resulting information from, credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent purchases.
We do not collect or sell your data to any third parties.
How we store your information
WineStreet follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this and a part of hosting services’ analytics.
The information collected by log files include:
- internet protocol (IP) addresses
- browser type
- Internet Service Provider (ISP)
- date and time stamp
- referring/exit pages
- and possibly the number of clicks.
These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable and all information is anonymised. The purpose of the information is for analysing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
WineStreet is hosted by SiteGround in Frankfurt, Germany.
WineStreet will keep your personal information data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected. The raw data collected for website analytics purposes is automatically deleted after one year.
What cookies are and how we use them
These cookies are used to understand and optimize your experience of our website by customizing our web page content based on your browser type, language preference, and/or other information.
Our cookies are essential and functional only, and not used for advertising purposes. These include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
For more general information on cookies, please read allaboutcookies.org.
How to manage cookies
Since WineStreet cookies are functional only, there is no need for you to consent to them.
You can still choose to disable all cookies through your individual browser options. To know more detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers, you can find it at the browsers’ respective websites, or read more about it at allaboutcookies.org.
However, in a few cases, be aware that some of our website features may not function as a result.
Third Party Privacy Policies
WineStreet does not collect data for advertising purposes. Still, there may be cases where third parties may collect some information from our website.
- Fareharbor, used for our booking and payment process
- Matomo, used for website analytics
- SiteGround, used to host our website
- WordPress, used to develop and maintain our website
GDPR Data Protection Rights
WineStreet would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
THE RIGHT TO ACCESS – You have the right to request copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
THE RIGHT TO RECTIFICATION – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete the information you believe is incomplete.
THE RIGHT TO ERASURE – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
THE RIGHT TO RESTRICT PROCESSING – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
THE RIGHT TO OBJECT TO PROCESSING – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
THE RIGHT TO DATA PORTABILITY – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
Another part of our priority is adding protection for children while using the internet. We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their online activity.
WineStreet does not knowingly collect any Personal Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13. If you think that your child provided this kind of information on our website, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately and we will do our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
This policy was last modified on October 2020.
WineStreet Wittig Viegas UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Neuenheimer Landstrasse 5
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that WineStreet has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the State Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information Baden-Württenberg.
Der Landesbeauftragte für den Datenschutz und die Informationsfreiheit
P.O. Box 10 29 32